Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration. If it has been considered or submitted elsewhere an explanation will need to be provided in "Comments to the Editor" upon submission.
Reviewed AEJ's Conflict of Interest statement (CI) and discloses any CI on the manuscript cover page or alternatively submits an ICJME's pdf...see below
- The submission file adheres to AEJs Author Guidelines and is in Word file format. Examples being: text is single-spaced; uses Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Reviewed AEJ's Patient Informed Consent and if applicable submits informed consent forms as a supllemental file. Any disclosures and informed consents must be stated in the manuscript: ie. pictures.. "Informed consent from the patient was obtained"
Reviewed AEJ's Human and Animal Rights and any disclosures (if appropriate) are stated on the cover page.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the AEJ AMA Style Guidelines
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- If submitting video or audio - give a brief description (3-5 sentences), and who is in it. AEJ takes onwership of editing to ensure prior indexing
- If submitting images - the images need to be 180dpi at the print size.
- Any tables that are too large to fit in the body of the paper need to be submitted as supplements (word or pdf)
Authors agree to the Creative Commons License listed below, which can be viewed by clicking the link below.
This work will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.