Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The work will be licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
I agree to abide by the terms of the Creative Commons copyright statement.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration. If it has been considered or submitted elsewhere an explanation will need to be provided in "Comments to the Editor" upon submission. Articles will be subject to plagiarism software to ensure authenticity.
- Review the Disclosure of Interest statement (DI) and report any DI on the manuscript cover page. AEJ complies with ICJME's Disclosure of Interest guidelines. Alternatively, download the Disclosure of Interest directly from the ICJME and submit it with manuscript.
- Ensure the submission file adheres to AEJs Author Guidelines and is in Word file format. Text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in AMA Style Guidelines
- If submitting video or audio - give a brief description (3-5 sentences), and individuals who are in it. AEJ takes ownership of editing to ensure prior indexing.
- Any tables that are too large to fit in the body of the paper need to be submitted as supplements (word or pdf).
- Review AEJ's Protection of Research Participants (and if applicable submits IRB approval document as a supplemental file). Any IRB approval/informed consent must be stated in the manuscript body (ie, "informed consent from the patient was obtained, IRB approval was obtained).
- Author agrees to pay an Article Processing Fee of $420, after the article has been accepted and prior to publication.
- AEJ uses a preservation archival system through Portico.
Authors agree to the Creative Commons License listed below, which can be viewed by clicking the link below.
This work will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.